Already on li.st? Open in app.
- •Lou reading feminist zines
- •The screen grab of the wimpy top chef contestant who cried over an orange squirting into his eye
- •Mabel asleep on my dad at my sister's wedding reception
- •Taking all 3 kids to the grocery store before dinner by myself
- •Eating this cookie that came from Jimmy John's with the package open
- •Waiting a week for the next episode of Fargo
Choosing to find the humor in an otherwise tearful morning in the Kastner house.
- •the slice of banana bread got smaller every time she bit into it
- •she didn't get a shot at Louise's 4 month doc appointment
- •I won't give her "all the yogurt"
- •Hunger makes me a modern girl - Carrie Brownstein
- •Arcadia - Lauren Groff
- •Traveling Mercies - Anne Lamott
The admiration and appreciation of this guy is real
- •be kind, pay attention, err on the side of generosity
- •Again, that same lesson: good teaching is grounded in generosity of spirit
- •It makes me think of the Flaubert quote, “live like a bourgeoisie and think like a demigod.” At the time, I am not sure what a bourgeoisie is, exactly, or a demigod, but I understand this to mean: “live like a normal person, write like a maniac.”
- •Diaper change/tea party
- •Feeding dogs/breastfeeding/practicing spelling words
- •Sending emails/packing diaper bag/negotiating leaving giant stuffed Minnie Mouse in the house as we leave