I Work at a Bookstore, Part 1
I work for an independent bookstore that shall remain nameless, for now. Here are some things that happen there.
- •A little girl came into the shop with her parents, took one look at me behind the counter, and yelled, "What's that on your hair?!"(I have blue hair.)
- •A 13 year old boy opened the door, yelled, "YUCGHK! BOOKS!", pretended to vomit, then ran away.Can you tell today was the first day of spring break?
- •Another little girl showed me her new stuffed hedgehog and asked me to give him a hug.I did so. His name was Hedgy II. She said Hedgy I lives at her school.
- •One of our regulars, an older gentlemen, asked me if I regretted dyeing my hair.It's only been blue for a week and absolutely no one is coping well. Except me. I'm fine.
- •Another customer asked where he could purchase the easels we use to display books on the shelves. No books, just easels.To which I spluttered, "on....online?" I honestly had no idea. Later, my coworker told me that they're actually super expensive. Weird.
- •I'm working a lot in April, so hopefully I'll have some more anecdotes soon!
- •(Here's what I look like, for hair references)