A Few of my Favourite (Canadian) Things...
Canadian Listers where you at?! Inspired by @Boogie and her new bear hat.
- •PoutiiiiineI grew up in a small town in BC and we've always had a food truck downtown that sells poutine. It's the ultimate drunk food and the ultimate hangover food and he ultimate guilty pleasure.
- •Toques!A "beanie" in our minds is either a hat with the little spinning thing on top or a beanie baby.
- •A Caesar made with ClamatoIn Vegas I asked for a Caesar and they brought me a salad. I was so confused. This is very similar to a Bloody Mary except for the Clamato. Clamato is a mixture of tomato juice and clam broth and it is delish. Caesars+Poutine=Canadian Hangover Cure.
- •Ketchup Chips
- •Spelling things with a "u"Favourite, colour, honour...
- •Gallons vs LitresMy first road trip to the states I was beyond confused. Also you guys have much cheaper gas.
- •Peace out Pennies. 💸In 2012 the Royal Canadian Mint stopped making pennies and slowly we've stopped using them.
- •"Loonies" and "Toonies"1$ coin and 2$ coin. So if you go to a Canadian strip club stock up on 5$ bills 🙃
- •Double-Doubles at Tim'sThis is the lifeblood of Canada. A double double is a coffee with two creams and two sugars usually from a Tim Hortons drive through.
- •Roll up the RimAnother Tim Hortons tradition involving rolling up the rim of your coffee cup to see if you've won a prize. This occurs once a year and prizes vary from free coffees or doughnuts to a new barbecue or even a new car.
- •Free healthcare.Sorry!
- •ApologizingIf someone bumps in to me I automatically will assume it was my fault for standing there. If someone steps on my foot, without any hesitation, I will say quickly say "sorry!" I really can't explain it.
- •Eh?Again, I can't explain it. It's like this one little word can sum up so many sentences: "Don't you agree?" "What do you think?" "Did you hear me?" "Am I right?" "What did you say?"
- •Fresh syrup at a Sugar ShackIf you are ever in Quebec find a sugar shack and get some syrup! Bonus points if they roll the syrup on a popsicle stick in the snow!
- •Nanaimo Barswafer-crumb base, custard butter icing, melted chocolate 😍Suggested by @nat_vv
- •TimbitsOur doughnut holesSuggested by @nat_vv
- •Niagara Falls, Canadian side!It's so beautiful 😄Suggested by @rachelanne
- •Rink Burgers!@solitarygigi eh! Or any food at the hockey rink concession stand really