STATES I PASSED THROUGH WHILE DRIVING CROSS-COUNTRY
- 1.VirginiaIt rained the whole time. Very pretty. I ate KFC in Lexington.
- 2.TennesseeSpent 2 nights here, in Crossville and Brownsville. I met up with my friend Mariah in Nashville and we went to Arnold's. Gas was only $1.89, but I never needed gas when I saw it that cheap.
- 3.ArkansasWhen I got out of my car at the welcome center I could smell the Mississippi a mile back. Went to the Clinton Presidential Library in Little Rock. Mr. Peanut was also there.
- 4.OklahomaSpent the night in Henryetta. Oklahoma was so beautiful, it took me by surprise. West Oklahoma was flatter and drier than East Oklahoma. The whole state smelled like a campfire, smoldering.
- 5.TexasBoring. The speed limit climbed to 75MPH. Hit a thunderstorm just before I got to New Mexico, passing through flat grain towns. Could see so far I didn't know how close the lightning was.
- 6.New MexicoMet aliens in Roswell and had an amazing burrito at Fat's Burritos. Stayed one night in Clovis (it poured the whole night, flooding everything. I stopped 2 pitbulls from getting hit by cars in a thunderstorm) and one in Santa Fe (it smelled like Christmas spices and Chai).
- 7.ArizonaMy most expensive motel in Flagstaff. The Grand Canyon was grand. Second night in Scottsdale, then breakfast with Ashley in Phoenix. Cried visiting my grandparents ashes.
- 8.CaliforniaBurst into tears when I crossed the state line. First traffic in 8 days. Gas 70 cents higher than in AZ. Arrived in Los Angeles at sunset.