Already on li.st? Open in app.
I'll be visiting #Athens Aug 1-4 and need help knowing what to do while I'm there.
I work for a congressional campaign. My boss is 1 of 8 candidates in the race and has a legitimate chance of getting past the primary, polling in 2nd with a slight advantage over the candidate in 3rd, who has a significant advantage in name recognition and fundraising.
- •I work for an ego maniacI've met enough people in office on the campaign trail to know that it takes a specific personality type to even want to run for office. All politicians, even the ones I love, are actors playing a part. While my boss truly does believe in the issues he claims to be passionate about, he's still an egotistical @$$hole.
- •I work more hours than I'm getting paid forEven "part time" staffers such as myself are getting paid salary. That means I can't just log my hours and get paid for the hours I'm putting in. I get paid a predetermined amount regardless of how many more hours I'm actually working
- •I have no more self esteemI get chewed out every day for things beyond my control. Even though I could look at things objectively and know I'm doing my job very well, the abuse takes its toll.
because baristas can be snobs and even we had to learn at some point. Just the basics, I'll refrain from details such as "traditional...," but I'll note Starbucks lingo where applicable as a public service.
- •AmericanoEspresso and water. Because many Americans who visited Europe couldn't handle straight espresso, so they had to add to water it down to make it more like brewed coffee.
- •Au laitNot espresso based. Half brewed coffee, half steamed milk, a layer of foam on top. Dry means more foam. Flat means no foam. Known at Starbucks as a "misto;" always surprises me how many of their baristas don't know what an lait is.
- •BreveEspresso and half and half
and I tend to do what she she tells me. Also so you know I didn't follow you at random 😁
Guilty pleasures. Because what better way to introduce myself to the List App word