5 HOBBIES THAT CAN MAKE YOU SMARTER
Come and play. Growing your gray matter doesn't have to be boring. http://entm.ag/1l8hI3f
- •Exercising regularlyEnhances object recognition memory—the ability to discriminate the familiarity of previously encountered objects.
- •Playing a musical instrumentEnhances cognitive skills and academic achievement by promoting the development of certain executive functions.
- •Playing video gamesDevelops working memory—the system responsible for holding and processing new and already-stored information.
- •Learning a new languageSpeaking multiple languages improves the brain's executive function—meaning mentally demanding tasks can be performed better.
- •ReadingDaily reading causes significant increases in connectivity in the left temporal vortex of the brain—an area associated with receptivity for language.