A Contradiction About Me
This one is dark, but it's a good contradiction, I think.
- •I don't believe in the death penalty.I am a hardcore pacifist.
- •But last April or May, an acquaintance of mine's brother and father were shot dead in their home.They were shot multiple times. In cold blood.
- •They caught the suspects like 2 or 3 days later.They were just driving around (in a stolen car) and looking for a house to rob. I think all they wound up taking was some money and credit cards from a purse.
- •When I found out the horrific details of this crime, I wanted nothing more than for the two suspects to be put to death once they were found guilty.
- •Honestly, I'm ashamed that I felt this way.I don't really want them to be put death. But the anger I had in my heart towards these two people was/is very real. They ripped apart a close family for a little money.
- •Like I said, I don't want them to die.But in the dark, angry moments, I have to force myself not to want it.