Books in My English Curriculum in High School That I Started but Just Couldn't Finish
I loved my English classes in high school. We read a lot of books and plays, many of which I loved, including To Kill a Mockingbird, A Streetcar Named Desire, and Hamlet. But some of the novels we read, I just couldn't push through and finish.
- •The Scarlet Letter—Sophomore yearI got about half way through and then gave up. I appreciated the plot, just not the writing.
- •Emma—Junior yearI'm told Emma's not one of Jane Austen's better books. The few chapters I read were pretty rough.
- •Catcher in the Rye—Sophomore yearI finished all but the last two chapters. I was enjoying the book enough, but unfortunately, the night before the last two chapters were due, I had a lot of homework due and neglected dear Holden.
- •Adventures of Huckleberry Finn—Sophomore yearI got as far as I needed to get to present my chapters to the class, and then I pretty much stopped.
- •Tale of Two Cities—Freshman yearI read two or three chapters. I think this book's plot is amazing (I kept up with Spark Notes), but it's just so longggg.
- •Wuthering Heights—Freshman yearThe worst. I hated this novel. I did read over half of it though before finally giving up.