My 5 Favorite Star Wars Characters
- 1.Luke SkywalkerI love Luke more than I can possibly explain. I'm pretty sure I watched the original movies for the first time in 1997 or 1998, and I knew then even at 4 or 5 years old that Luke was my guy. I like his story, I like his conflict, and I like that he doesn't get the girl (for obvious reasons). Also, he was hardcore one of my childhood crushes—and definitely still is.
- 2.ReyWe've only seen Rey in one movie, but she's already one of my favorites. She's so strong and so interesting. Daisy Ridley is soo talented as well. I also really enjoy theorizing about her backstory. Lastly, I love that Lucasfilm made the new protagonist a young woman.
- 3.Obi Wan KenobiHe's definitely my favorite character in the prequels, but I really like him in "A New Hope" as well.
- 4.Princess/General Leia OrganaDespite originally being painted as a damsel in distress, Leia is anything but that. I love how badass Leia gets throughout the movies, and I can't wait to see more of her in the next movie. I also love her relationship with Luke and that she's force sensitive without being a Jedi.
- 5.FinnFinn is such a great new character! He's funny, he's cute, and he's got a unique characterization that I love. Also, I want John Boyega to be my best friend. Watch him in interviews; he's hilarious.