My 7 Favorite "Orange is the New Black" Characters
~No intense spoilers~
- •Honorable Mention: Sister Jane IngallsPart of this is probably the Catholic in me, but I love how much she cares for Sophia. She's pretty badass.
- •7. Poussey WashingtonDefinitely the character with the purest heart.
- •6. Tasha "Taystee" JeffersonTaystee was an early favorite of mind. She's so fun and funny, and definitely someone I'd want to hang out with if I was in prison.
- •5. Gloria MendozaI just love Mendoza's maternal instinct. I hope we keep seeing more of her.
- •4. Lorna MorelloOhh, Morello. What a sweet, sweet mess you are. If I remember correctly, Morello was one of the first inmates we meet on OITNB, and she instantly became a favorite. I live for that accent and red lipstick.
- •3. Nicky NicholsThe things that come out of Nicky's mouth are just so colorful. I'm always rooting for Nicky.
- •2. Suzanne "Crazy Eyes" WarrenUzo Aduba though. 2 Emmys so far, and I say keep them coming. I can't keep my eyes off the screen when Suzanne is in the scene. She's also such a brilliantly heartbreaking character.
- •1. Galina "Red" ReznikovThe ultimate mama bear. Sometimes I get the feeling I'm the only one who appreciates how out-of-this-world amazing Red is. She's the ultimate badass. I'm a little disappointed Kate Mulgrew hasn't received more attention for playing her.