My First Kiss 💋
I've hesitated to write these more personal lists in case anyone I know in real life sees them, but whatever I guess. Idea by @ListPrompts
- •Friday September 10, 2010It was fall of my junior year of high school. I was 16. I had just officially entered into my first relationship 4 days earlier and this was going to be our first date as an official couple.
- •I anticipated it coming the entire day.My friends and I sat outside during lunch discussing it. About half of my group of friends had already had their first kiss and they tried to give me advice. I truly don't remember anything they said.
- •He picked me up and we went to a popular pizza place.This pizza place had previously given me food poisoning, so I was terrified to order anything, but I ordered some pasta dish that subsequently came with tons of little parsley all over it. I was terrified it was all in my teeth, so I excused myself to go to the bathroom. Fortunately my teeth were parsley-free.
- •He paid and we drove back to my house.I told him I had to be home early b/c I was taking the ACT in the morning.
- •We pulled up to my house.I began to freak out. I'm a very nervous person and I hate awkward moments/silences more than anything. As we walked to my door, I kept talking incessantly, so that we wouldn't be silent.
- •We got to my doorstep.I thanked him for the night. I waited maybe half a second to see if he was going to do anything. I really didn't give him a chance to make a move and opened my arms to hug him. He hugged me back for a moment, pulled back and kissed me.
- •It was short and sweet.It was a short kiss and it was truly sweet because it was simple and thankfully not awkward. I told him goodnight and walked inside.
- •I immediately called my best friend and told her.
- •Then I went to bed at like 10pm, so that I'd be well-rested for the ACT tomorrow.
- •***If I'm feeling super brave, maybe I'll write another list about what happened the next time we kissed. 😁