Things I Learned During College
As I finish up my undergraduate career this week, I've been reflecting on my time at college, thinking about what I'd do differently if I could do it again as well as what I've learned.
- •No one is looking at you as much as you think they are.Still working on this one.
- •If you don't want to do something, just don't do it. You don't need an excuse or reason for not wanting to do it.
- •Sometimes trying your hardest isn't good enough.And that's okay.
- •If it comes down to getting a B or preserving your mental health, preserve your mental health.
- •Ask questions.
- •Sometimes it's good to stay in.
- •Talk to the people around you.GET OFF YOUR DAMN PHONE
- •Sometimes you have to be selfish.
- •You don't have to be friends with people you don't want to be friends with.Seems like a no-brainer, but it took me awhile to grasp this one.
- •Make friends with your professors.Everyone told me this, but it took me two years to actually listen.
- •You can always work a little harder and be a little better.This applies to school and life.