HOW TO PASS SEAL TRAINING
Becoming a SEAL is much like becoming anything in life that is beyond your current situation. This quick list breaks down some common growth barriers.
- 1.Don't quitSounds simple enough, but think how many times a day, week, month, year we quit on our dreams and do something we know will get us nowhere. I'm not talking about quitting on the big goals. I'm talking about quitting on the little everyday things that eventually bring us to our big goals.
- 2.Realize that if you don't quit you winI've heard this spoken "What would you do if you knew you couldn't fail?" This is close, but when you think about it like this, if I don't quit I win, it becomes more of a sure thing.
- 3.Recognize that running your self into the ground is the same as quitting.I've seen too many people work themselves to the point of injury— mental or physical - where they could no longer continue. This is a subtle form of quitting that you must recognize and stop. Or I guess you can say quit doing.
- 4.Cheat when appropriateThis sounds worse than it is. Life is made up of too many rules— you have to do this before you can do that or because you didn't graduate college you can't.... It's all made up. Make your own rules!
- 5.Never get caught cheatingPeople don't like to watch anyone get ahead when they themselves could have done the same thing and gotten to the same place. "Those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!"