FAVORITE THINGS TO DO IN NASHVILLE, TENNESSEE
I've lived in Nashville for 15 years, so take it from a local.
- •Spend hours thinking of the best ways to avoid crossing the river for plans. Stay in.
- •Accept an invite to dinner with friends. Open Google Maps to see the drive is more than 2 miles. Cancel dinner with friends.
- •Set plans to try that new, hip restaurant that opened up in the neighborhood. Go to regular haunt anyway.
- •Skip going to the music festival down the street because you're sure the headliner will play the Ryman in a month anyway.
- •Tell your friends you're waiting until after rush hour is over before heading out. Fall asleep during the wait instead.
- •Find a bar that serves your favorite local beer. Leave, buy a six pack at the nearest gas station, and go home when the bar is inevitably out of it.
- •Realize the Preds, Titans, and Sounds are all playing, there is a concert at the new amphitheater, and the Black Keys are playing a secret show at a dive bar. Set your car on fire instead because you're never going to be able to leave your driveway anyhow.