BUT RLY. WHAT'S THE POINT OF RELATIONSHIPS?
So, this thing happened when I went to therapy after my last relationship... All my preconceived notions about why relationships matter kind of got decimated, and I still don't really have an answer, which has made dating hard. Like too hard. So, what's the point of relationships to you?
- •Heal me, List App.
- •Discovering the term aromantic really helped put this to rest for me hahaSuggested by @clownhairqueer
- •Someone to talk to in the middle of the night when you've had a bad dreamSuggested by @drugs
- •Love cannot be learned in isolationSuggested by @eclecticmouse
- •In my experience there are two reasons. For physical intimacy and/ or for emotional support. Both of which can be found through other types of relationships ( friendship, hook ups) but some people prefer to find that one person who can provide it all. This can be very difficult as we all know. I guess It's up to you to decide if it's worth it.Suggested by @kiraandlulu
- •I think relationships are only worth it if they enrich your life. You don't need anyone to complete you; you're perfect in yourself. Victor constantly pushes me to be a better person just by being himself in our relationship, and the harder times do that too. Also he makes good food. And I get a lot of emotional sustenance from friends too.Suggested by @sophiack
- •They're worthwhile when they open up your world instead of shrinking it.Suggested by @meg1