NOT FUNNY THINGS I'M REMINDED OF LATELY.
- •Life is fleeting.
- •Terrorism is rooted in poverty, long term instability, a lack of education and a sense of hopelessness. No person with a bright and stable future chooses that path. America can play a role in ending terrorism, but it looks different than our past relations with the Middle East. It will require innovation and massive humility.
- •Education really, really, really is the key to change. Know a teacher? Kiss the ground they walk on. They're unsung heroes.
- •I should remember to slow down, and to be more gentle. It's too bad it takes catastrophe to remember this.
- •Life doesn't make much sense. Laugh and be a little irreverent.
- •Very few things actually matter. Focus on those things, don't sweat everything else.
- •Lists are healing.
- •Life is hard.