MY TOP 5 PERFORMANCES OF 2016 BY AN ACTRESS IN A MOVIE
Order is 1-5. This is for any role (lead, supporting, or otherwise).
- •Viola Davis in FENCESThis article says it all. She out-Denzels Denzel and that ain't easy to do. http://www.pajiba.com/film_reviews/in-fences-viola-davis-outdenzels-the-denzelist-denzel-that-ever-denzeld-.php
- •Naomi Harris in MOONLIGHTLike Mahersala, Naomi is a revelation in this film.
- •Natalie Portman in JACKIEThis movie is more of a character study than a story. The death of JFK has become legend, but the person responsible for the legend is what makes this film interesting, and Natalie does Jackie justice.
- •Michelle Williams in MANCHESTER BY THE SEAMichelle is barely in this movie but manages to steal every scene she's in, especially a scene of an emotional encounter with Casey Affleck's main character. She proves there are no small parts when an actor is really good.
- •Ruth Negga in LOVINGThis movie is so beautiful and Ruth is perfect in it. Another example of how powerful everyday people can be.