A DRINK FOR @jpbateson - "THE PEGU CLUB COCKTAIL
@jpbateson gets this one, because she is super cool. 🙌
- •A little background: there was, in fact, a Pegu Club that existed as a gentleman's club for British officers stationed in 1920's Burma. The drink supposedly comes from here.
- •1.5 oz. of dry gin.Yes, you guessed it: Ford's. You can also use Boodle's as well. Make it British, and make it dry.
- •1/2 oz. of Cointreau.
- •1/2 oz. of orange Curaçao.Now, a word on Curaçao. It is an extremely tasty and useful ingredient. However, I personally dislike DeKuyper's version as it has too much sugar. Try this company, please.
- •3/4 oz. of lime juice.
- •2 dashes of Angostura Bitters.
- •Shake in a metal shaker, and strain into a martini glass.
- •Personally, this is one of my favorite cocktails. So much rich, orange flavor in every sip. A gorgeous blend of layer after layer of citrus and delicate fruit.
- •Ta-da. Enjoy!