A DRINK FOR @kcupcaker - "THE SCOFFLAW"
Because she asked. 😉 A Prohibition cocktail, invented at Harry's Bar in New York City in 1924.
- •1.5 oz. of rye whiskey.I prefer bourbon, and I prefer Maker's Mark.
- •1 oz. of dry vermouth.I prefer Dolin's.
- •3/4 oz. of fresh lemon juice.
- •3/4 ounce of real pomegranate grenadine. Remember: no Rose's! That stuff is just sugar and artificial flavors. Nope. Not in this drink.I prefer Stirrings, if you can get it.
- •Shake in an iced metal shaker, and strain into a martini glass. Garnish with a lemon twist. The drink should have a beautiful rose color.
- •I like to think of this drink as a beautiful sunset of a drink: layers of rich, vibrant colors, flavors, and sweet and sour mixes.
- •The tang of the bourbon, mixed with the quiet subtlety of the vermouth, the citrus, and the sweetness of the grenadine...mmmmm. Yum.
- •This is a personal favorite of mine. Sometimes, I will vary the recipe with green Chartreuse as a substitute for the vermouth, but I will only add 1/2 oz., as Chartreuse is extremely overpowering.
- •Ta-da! Thank you.