I Had to Go to a Nursing Home to Visit a Client Today.
- •My mom was director of nurses for a lot of various nursing homes in Sonoma County.
- •Ultimately, she ended up in one of the places that she used to manage. That's another story.
- •Anyway, this client was in her 80's, had lost both of her legs due to diabetes, and was riding around in a wheelchair.
- •She had a lot of unsecured debt because she enjoyed shopping. It was her pastime. I can't fault her for that. (Remember - I do bankruptcy for a living. I think in terms of debt.)
- •Walking into the place, it had a profound effect on me. I haven't walked into one of these since my mom died.
- •However, it worked out for the best. It just made me sad.
- •Nursing homes are nice, yet tremendously sad places for me. Incidentally, I forgot to add that I tried to fix our client's screen door. The lack of funding for some nursing homes is criminally reprehensible.
- •I've had a few, which dulled a lot of shit for me.