I'M ERIK, AND THIS IS WHAT I BELIEVE.
Inspired by everyone doing this list.
- •That true revolution comes from either the voices of the oppressed, or a 17-year old kid with a Fender guitar.
- •That all martinis should be made in "ten-minute style". This is not an option. This is just my opinion.
- •That a dog or cat or any kind of pet that truly touches your heart can save your life, enrich your soul, and make you happy.
- •That every human being on this planet, even if you disagree with their politics, religion, or social views, deserves love and respect. Except Hitler. That guy's a straight-up racist dick.
- •That women and men should be treated equally and respected in every way, shape, and form, and society should reflect that equanimity.
- •That cheap beer is nice, but drinking cheap beer with dear friends is nicer.
- •That good books teach us to dream, to think, and to learn.
- •That if one can read, one can do anything...even fixing my garbage disposal.
- •That, if I could ever own it, I would buy a bottle of 1975 Chateau D'Yquem to drink on the day of the birth of my first child.
- •That Lillet Blanc over ice, with a slice of orange, is a gorgeous drink, and you should try it.
- •That you all are beautiful, unique souls, and you are all wonderful. Thank you all for being out there and being a part of this community.