I'M GOING TO START LISTING DRINK RECIPES FOR MY HOMIES - A DRINK FOR @Melodie
"The Blue Moon", a classic recipe dating back to roughly 1912 in Joel's Green Room in New York City.
- •2 oz. of gin. Go with a dry London gin.As always, I prefer Ford's.
- •1/2 oz. of lemon juice.
- •1/2 oz. of lime juice.
- •1 oz. of Creme de Violette.
- •As a side note, if you've never worked with creme de Violette, it is a beautifully light flavored liquor with delicate flower notes.
- •Pour all ingredients into a metal shaker. Shake thoroughly.
- •Serve in a martini glass. It will appear as a pale lilac color. Garnish with a small posey.
- •Personally, I love this drink. The herbaceous flavor of the gin and creme de Violette mix beautifully with the citrus acid. It has a gorgeous color, and a balanced flavor of sweet and tart.