Keeping It Together
- •Here's my pointer, Twilly. She's 13.
- •She's been having issues where she coughs and collapses. Then, she gets back up immediately. This has been going off and on for a month.
- •Yesterday, she did it five times. We knew something was up with her. We took her to the E.R.
- •She was diagnosed with pulmonary myopathy. Her heart was very enlarged, and she had fluid in her lungs.
- •They got her on medication and oxygen. According to the vet, she is doing really well.
- •The vet told us that, best case scenario, we get her for another year, tops. Currently, she is on a DNR order, as her quality of life were she to have a massive cardiac event is pretty low.
- •I love this dog. I've known Twilly as long as I've known my wife. She is my: "kid", my ridiculous teenage daughter, my pal.
- •So...think good thoughts. A year is a long time, and I hope we get to be with her every day. I just want her home.
- •That's all. You can go about your business.