Things I Like About Myself
- •My blue eyes. I got them from my mom. Not literally. That'd be awkward.
- •My ability to "clean up" nicely.
- •My education, which is derived from my overwhelming need to please my parents for their affection, and compete with my hyper-ambitious sister. But still, I worked my ass off to get where I am.
- •My small achievements, however rudimentary. I went to Oxford. My sister did not. This pleases me. I went to law school. This was my own choice, and this, too, pleases me.
- •My double-jointed thumbs.
- •My interestingly convoluted life. I spend 99% of my day sorting out other people's problems. When I was asked this morning: "Wow. I guess you guys are working through the holidays, hunh?", my first thought was: "I'm sorry. Since when does being the world's sometime babysitter ever stop?"
- •My massive ego.
- •My massively self-deprecating sense of humor. Which I why I don't have too much of an ego.
- •My bizarre way of looking at things that make no sense to anyone else. It's a gift.