THE GREEK DEBT CRISIS: A STYLE RANKING
- •The steeziest figure in the Greek drama has to be Christine Legarde, managing director of the IMF. Her scarf-game stays sharp, her pearls match her hair, mitigating austerity = classy.
- •Former Greek finance minister Yanis Varoufakis made his own Grexit by donning a helmet and riding off on a motorcycle, blonde in tow.
- •Greek Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras waffled on some big issues, but he's maintained a strong socialist aversion to ties.
- •ECB President Mario Draghi. I expect more from an Italian.
- •If your name is Francois and you're the President of France, you better come with some crispy Parisian tailoring. But he didn't. Comment dites-vous, "meh" en français?
- •If you're the German bossy villain and your name has so many hard consonants, you shouldn't be so dowdy. A generation of unemployed Greeks will remember Angela Merkel's frumpiness.