AN EMBARRASSING MOMENT AT THE DENTIST STORY
- •When I was about 11, I was having my teeth cleaned at the dentist.
- •The dental hygienist was asking me all sorts of questions, as they always do.
- •She asked, "Do you have any hobbies?"
- •But that's not what I heard.
- •I heard, "Do you have any high B's?"
- •I sat there puzzled for a few seconds, thinking that was a really weird question, then said, "Well, I make mostly A's."
- •So then she paused awkwardly and responded, "Oh...so being a good student is your hobby!"
- •At that moment I realized the mix-up but was so embarrassed and just said, "Uh, yeah."