GUILTY PLEASURE TV TEEN DRAMAS THAT I LOVE ❤️💔
Yes, I'm an adult. Yes, I love teen dramas on TV.
- •Beverly Hills, 90210One of my very first tastes of teen dramas. I remember watching the very first episode at a friend's slumber party when we were probably in 4th grade. I knew I loved it, but I also knew I probably wouldn't be allowed to watch it. I watched it sometimes at friends houses but mainly just kept up with it in my Bop magazines. As an adult, I binge watched the series back when it was on SoapNet, and now I own most of the seasons on DVD.
- •90210I was all about this show, especially in the beginning when Jennie Garth and Tori Spelling were on it. I watched the whole series and was really sad when it ended!
- •Swans CrossingThis is what really started my love of teen dramas. This show was only on for one season when I was in 5th and 6th grade. It was on in the afternoon and didn't have any "adult" themes, so I knew it was okay for me to watch, but it still had tons of drama. And it had a very young Sarah Michelle Gellar and catch phrases like, "Ooh, I love myself." If you've never seen this show, go look it up on YouTube!
- •Degrassi: The Next GenerationThis was my introduction to Degrassi. I discovered it right after college, and I was immediately hooked. It was always crazy to me how so much drama happened at this school to a pretty small group of people. Like, insane amounts of drama. I was very impressed with the acting abilities of several of these young actors. Young Aubrey Graham, aka Drake, is worth watching the whole series for.
- •Degrassi Junior HighAfter discovering Degrassi: The Next Generation, I definitely wanted to go back and watch the original. So Canadian and so 80s. I loved it. Super fun seeing several of the adults from The Next Generation as kids with their own drama.
- •Degrassi HighOf course I watched this after Degrassi Junior High. Late 80s, early 90s drama is good, but it definitely would get much more intense in the later series.
- •Degrassi: Next ClassI saw this was on Netflix recently and watched all of season one in a few days. I was wondering how I would feel about an all new cast, except Mr. Simpson, aka Snake, who is still there and has been since the Junior High series! The new cast definitely doesn't disappoint.
- •My So-Called LifeI watched this a little bit when it was on when I was in high school, but as an adult I watched all of it on Netflix. I really liked it, but it's not my favorite to binge watch. It's a little more depressing than others, especially when you watch several episodes at one time. It has awesome 90s fashion all over it, though!
- •Dawson's CreekI didn't watch this when it was on, but I have since seen season one and a little bit of season two. I need it to come back to Netflix so I can watch more!
- •Laguna BeachLoved it. Although going back and watching it again, I noticed that they focus a lot on some of the smaller characters, and they just weren't as interesting to watch. They didn't have as much drama!
- •The HillsThe Hills was definitely a great spinoff of Laguna Beach, and I was all about the drama and all the fashion in this series. It was also fun having Kristin Cavallari return when Lauren left the show.
- •What are your favorites??? I'm always looking for recommendations!