QUOTES FROM MY 5TH GRADE STUDENTS (VOL. 1)
I taught 5th Grade for eleven years, and I wrote down the funny/ridiculous things my students said. Here you go...
- •"I don't like private school kids because they are rich and because they talk in complete sentences."
- •Me: "What book are you reading?" Student: "Little Men. You know why I picked it?...little men!"
- •"I must have a good personality because I hang out with popular people."
- •"What makes me laugh is chunky babies."
- •"For Christmas, my grandmother gave me nine trash bags full of garage sale clothes."
- •"For Christmas, I want a Pillsbury Doughboy suit and some sheep."
- •"My best Christmas present was a pair of bowling shoes from my uncle. He said I can wear them anywhere except any bowling alley in Dallas/Fort Worth."
- •Student: "If I died, would you come to my funeral?" Me: "Yes." Student: "Would you bring skeletons and bugs and stuff?"
- •"My favorite food is cheesecake because it's really cheesy."
- •(Giving an example of a complete sentence that private school kids might say) "I got a cornucopia of one hundreds."