QUOTES FROM MY 5TH GRADE STUDENTS (VOL. 26)
I taught 5th Grade for eleven years, and I wrote down the funny/ridiculous things my students said. See Vol. 25 here: QUOTES FROM MY 5TH GRADE STUDENTS (VOL. 25)
- •"Can we wear see-through pants?"
- •"I thought the D.C. in Washington D.C. stood for 'Da Capital."
- •Me: "I want to tell you a secret." Student: "If it's about your personal life, I don't want to know."
- •"Is it possible to eat your own head?"
- •Me: "What do you think Americans did when they became an independent nation?" Student: "I'd get a Frosty!"
- •"Apples are very useful. They're healthy for your colon, and they help you get your tooth out."
- •"Their chicken sandwich be off the chain!"
- •Me: "It's black and sparkly." Student (who is white): "Like me!"
- •"Do you have a house, or do you just live on the road?"
- •Student 1: "I've been to Germany. Their candy is awesome! They even have candy stores!" Student 2: "We have candy stores." Student 1: "We DO?!?"