FOOD ITEMS MY DAD CLAIMS DON'T EXPIRE
Every time I open my parents' fridge, I find something gross. And every time I try to throw it away, my dad yells at me.
- •Cheddar CheeseCut the mold off. Even if the mold has consumed the entire hunk of cheese. "Mold's good for cheese! Haven't you heard of Gorgonzola?"
- •KetchupLast week I found two half-used bottles. One expired 6 months ago, and one EXPIRED IN 2013. The dates on condiments are always a few years out, so I don't even want to think about when that ketchup was made.
- •PicklesI don't know...do pickles expire?
- •Jam"The sugar preserves it!"
- •MayonnaiseTbh, non-expired mayo has always felt questionable to me too
- •Eggs"When I worked in the markets back in the day, we would just wipe the date off and stamp a new one on!" I really hope that isn't true. That being said, in my experience eggs are usually good for at least a month after their expiration date, so I'll give him that.
- •Half and half"It's a suggestion!"