MUSICIANS I ONCE THOUGHT WERE SQUARE, IN ORDER OF THE AGE I FINALLY REALIZED THEY WERE AWESOME
Some of these were guilty pleasures until I realized there was nothing guilty about them. The others were just my bad.
- •Bob Dylan, age 10I kept hearing him referred to as a folk musician, which I equated with John Denver and camp sing alongs. Then I heard BLONDE ON BLONDE
- •The Beach Boys, age 16One time I was listening to them on my Walkman, and a boy I had a crush on asked what I was listening to, and I lied and said C+C Music Factory, because that's what I thought he would think was cool.
- •Mark Knopfler, age 17
- •Simon and Garfunkel, age 18
- •Johnny Cash, age 19He was too Country, and in high school country = lame
- •Dolly Parton, age 19same
- •Bruce Springsteen, age 25I was pretty stubborn on this one for a very long time. My bad.
- •Kris Kristofferson, age 25
- •Fleetwood Mac, age 26
- •Electric Light Orchestra, age 26
- •Peter Gabriel, age 27