THINGS YOU NOTICE WHILE STRANDED IN THE AKRON, OHIO AIRPORT
E. Kron trapped in Akron!!!!!
- •This airport looks suspiciously like my middle school (i.e. lots of tan brick walls, linoleum floors with a haphazard pattern of slightly different colored stripes of secondary linoleum. Was this a cost-saver?)
- •The only food establishment I could find contains 4 different kinds of jerky (as expected) but also carried my fav flavor of Luna bar!!!!!!!!!
- •They sell "buckeye" candies that look as though they're just normal caramels. It'd be pretty dope though if people from Akron exclusively ate BUCKEYE CANDIES.
- •The man behind the register here was not impressed when I told him "I was born in Cleveland but I live in NEW YORK CITY, NOW"
- •The man behind the register was not impressed when I spent 20 minutes looking at every item in the deli/convenience store and settled on one small bottle of smart water
- •The man behind the register was (understandably) confused as to why I wanted to drink my smart water while watching him combine one aluminum tin of chopped onions into another aluminum tin of chopped onions
- •This airport has a working pay phone!!! Someone has abandoned an apple juice beneath it. And they don't seem to sell apple juice here!
- •When I returned to the store 15 minutes later to check if they sold apple juice and instead purchased a Luna bar, the guy behind the register made eye contact and said "hello, again." I was 100% surprised and delighted he remembered me. (I'm a regular now!)
- •They do not play music in this airport, which I appreciate. Enough silence that I can easily eavesdrops on people's phone conversations. One man is thinking of buying a fixer-upper house right near the Medical College of Wisconsin (where my parents work!!!!!!!!!)
- •This world that we live in!!!! It is so small!!!!
- •This airport that I live in!!! It is also so small!!!