Songs That Scared Me When I Was a Teenager
Of course you have to remember I grew up going to Jewish schools, so I didn't get out a lot.
- •The Twilight Zone, by Golden Earring. "Cause you're all alone, when the bullet hits the bone." Nuff said.
- •Der Kommissar, by Falco. Songs in German made me think that the Nazis were coming back.
- •Thriller, by Michael Jackson. But really, Vincent Price.
- •99 Luftballoons, by Nena. Another German song, this time about some sort of blitzkrieg. Plus, the video reminded me of that sad film The Red Balloon. In either case, all was lost.
- •Don't Fear the Reaper, by Blue Oyster Cult. Oysters: terrifying to kosher me. Cults: also scary. And don't get me started on the reaper.