Things I Did in College in the 90s
In a world...of no Facebook and copious pizza
- •Understood the true olfactory terror of walking into a dude's room after he and his dude friends had been in there for an hour #fartkingdom
- •Memorized the entire soundtrack for Les Miz and performed it with my roommates. My roles: all the men and occasionally Mme Thenardier.
- •Became known as SuperJew, for the first, but not the last, time
- •Stayed up in the dorm study lounge all night before my paper was due
- •Reacted supportively to a friend's coming out to me even though he did it on April 1st and I thought it might be a joke
- •Every Sunday night, rushed back from wherever I was so I could watch the Simpsons with my friends.
- •Went trick or treating for the first time (yeshiva girl)
- •Dated my best friend who broke up with me before a weekend he went away, leaving me to tell all our friends we were no longer dating
- •Not use the internet because it barely existed even though I had a compuserve email address no one else I knew did...
- •Fell asleep with my eyes open after an all-nighter, scaring my roommate who thought I was dead (spoiler: I got better)