An Airport Moment I Constantly Think About
Semi Inspired by @serenity5x5 list —> JUST SOME RACIST AND SEXIST THINGS I'VE DEALT WITH
- •I hate going through CustomsYou have to be polite and serious and answer their questions and try not to seem dodgy or criminal.
- •Answering their questions is a bit like driving past the policeYou're completely legit and you should be able to answer their questions truthfully but you're convinced you've done something wrong anyway.
- •But one day I was going through Customs in Dubai and I was just exhaustedTo be fair, the plane ride was 😲 hours long and had been delayed about 6 hours prior.
- •Zombie Esther was answering questions, not smiling, making sure to look at the camera ✔️Also trying to keep all my belongings and PASSPORT with me.
- •When the Customs guy whispers to the woman next to him, looks at me and says "Your eyes are too small, open them wide"Kinda angrily?
- •😭 I wanted to tell him that Chinese eyes are generally smaller than what he's used to, and that I'd been on a plane for 11 hoursI didn't. 🐓 I didn't really open my eyes any wider either because what was the point? Just tried not to blink while he took like 7 pictures
- •He finally let me through and I managed to catch my connecting flight to the UK and spent a month with my best friend in the snow.So really, I'm the winner in this situation. 💅🏻