Books I Read Over and Over Again
Or, my favourite books by my favourite authors. Feel free to give me book recommendations. 😍
- •Sunshine by Robin McKinleyRae "Sunshine" Seddon is a baker and lives a normal life until the day she is caught by vampires and escapes with their prisoner (also a vampire) in an enemy of my enemy situation.
- •Abhorsen by Garth NixSabriel has to take on her father's role of Abhorsen (putting the dead to rest) when he is trapped by an ancient enemy.
- •Summers at Castle Auburn by Sharon ShinnIllegitimate daughter spends her summers at Castle Auburn with her half sister but as she grows up starts to realise that all is not right in that world.
- •The Magicians of Caprona by Diana Wynne JonesTonino is a Montana and his house has been feuding with the Petrocchis since forever, however he has to team up with one when they are caught up in a plot to destroy the city.
- •The Blue Castle by L.M. MontgomerySet in Anne of Green Gables era about a 29 yr old "spinster" who, when she finds out she could die at any moment decides other ppl's expectations can go hang.
- •When Demons Walk by Patricia BriggsSham is a thief and disguising herself as a boy until her wizard mentor is killed by a demon. Now she has to help the Reeve (ruler) find and stop the demon.
- •Flipped by Wendelin Van DraanenComing of age story telling both sides of the story of Julianna and Bryce.
- •The Changeling Sea by Patricia A. McKillipPeri curses the sea when her father never returns from fishing, as a result the prince, a sea monster and a magician enter her life.
- •The Perilous Gard by Elizabeth Marie PopeA retelling of Tam Lin set in Elizabeth I time
- •Thirteenth Child by Patricia C WredeEff is the thirteenth child and is constantly watched by her extended family for proof that she's "going bad". Her life changes when her immediate family move to the frontier, where the magical barrier is the only thing protecting the community from the wild magical beasts.
- •Wildwood Dancing by Juliet MarillierRetelling of The Twelve Dancing Princesses set in Transylvania in early 16th century