Ideas on How to Stay Warm in Scotland From an Aussie
It snowed tonight!!!! And in honour of that, my friends, I thought I'd share what I've learnt so far.
- •ThermalsThermals are your friend. I basically live in them. Somehow, I have managed to lose one (out of 3) in the two weeks since I've bought them. :/
- •HeatersI've been told that I will pay for this later and that I should check how much I've used so far. For now, I'm yolo-ing it.
- •Make the most of the sunOnce it gets dark, I.e. 4pm I just say bye to all my friends and don't come out until there's sun
- •Stay in your roomIt's smaller than the living room and thus heats faster
- •Stay in the corridorMy flatmate has set up shop in the corridor, as it's a much smaller and brighter area. She has a makeshift study desk out of boxes, and she sits basically on the heater.
- •LayeringI was very worried about how to do this. Turns out, it's just putting on as many clothes as you have until you can feel semi warm.
- •BlanketsMy couch and bed are covered in duvets, fleeces, throws etc
- •I also recently got this panda shaped hand warmerI don't know how it works but it's so nice and warm. And cute
- •Hot water bottleAmazing at warming up your cold, cold bed
- •Hot bathsI've never been a huge bath person, way too impatient to wait for that thing to fill up. But I had a bath the other day and it was bliss. 😍