Last night - Thoughts on Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Part 2 (Play)
- •I arrived around 7pm for Part Two after a light dinner at Itsu nearby.I did NOT buy the obamarama but I wanted to. 😂
- •I somehow met the same American guys from the line the night before as we were rushed through security. We were delighted to have met again.They were very keen to know my thoughts/reactions to Part 1 and also told me about how they'd re-read Part 2 that day.
- •Before the show started, I caught up with my seat mates and we discussed how our day had been, our fave parts from the night before.The girl next to me asked what I was expecting from the night, but I honestly didn't know. I said I was expecting Scorpius to try to fix things.
- •Part Two started with a dance scene and tbh, I should have expected that with the amount of musicals I've seen.The set design is super cool, there are clocks on the arches and rotating bits of floor. There was even a scene where we looked up at the ceiling and gasped.
- •During interval, I walked around and ate the snacks I'd brought. Although, I couldn't resist buying an ice cream from a really lovely usher.I wandered up to the top levels and looked out from the dress circle seats and found dog statues and a bar in a room full of clocks
- •There was a scene where I saw someone unexpected and my seatmate kept looking at my face and gigglingA certain professor by Ron and Hermione's side. 😱👌
- •After the play, we waited at the stage door and I managed to get a pic with the guy who played RonHe also signed my programme and apparently one of his fave parts is the scene in the ministry where he has to distract Hermione.
- •This is what I bought on the first nightI also bought the fancy black 'behind the scenes' book on the second night as I'm clearly a sucker.
- •I'd give it an 8.5 out of 10. I really did love it but 5 hours over two days is a bit much.If you do get a chance to see it I definitely recommend going. I think watching it as a play, you're willing to suspend disbelief more than if you read a book or watched a movie.