Valentine's Day: A Guide for Single People
For the 26 years of my life, I've been single for 25 Valentine's Days. Does that stop me? No. I absolutely love this day. 💕💕💕💕
- •DON'T dwell on what you don't have 😎Enjoy the day and remember that you're pretty lucky to have all the people that ARE in your life.
- •DON'T go out to eat 🍴You need to book in advance, tables are reconfigured for two people, the menu is overpriced and there are couples everywhere.
- •DON'T go to the movies 🎬My friend and I planned to watch something 4 years ago, but again, crowds, couples. We got ice cream instead
- •DON'T go on social media 💅🏻Take a break for the day, you can catch up tomorrow. I don't know what Listapp will be like but it might be the exception?
- •DON'T call it forever alone day, single awareness day or something depressing 🙅🏻Our words have power and honestly, it makes you seem bitter. Even if you don't feel like it, put a positive spin on it. Fake it til you make it!
- •DO hang out with people 👯Every year I invite all my friends over for chocolate, ice cream, nachos and animated movies. You'd be surprised at the amount of couples that turn up and everyone has a great time.
- •DO give something nice to one person you love 😍Blah blah blah capitalism, blah. I don't care if this a Hallmark ploy to make money off you, give your mum some damn flowers. She will never not appreciate them.
- •DO treat yo' self 🎩I actually tend to get gifts on Valentine's Day, but I have no problem buying myself a gift and wrapping it up. A nice candle, a Lush bath bomb, a L'occitane hand cream, a book. Just do it!
- •DO console yourself with pizza 🍕Or wine, chocolate, Ben and Jerry's etc. It's just one day.
- •DO dress up a bit 💋It is harder to feel sorry for yourself if you look hot, this is a scientific fact.