HOW TO WEAR SHIT-KICKER BOOTS LIKE A GENTLEMAN
You want to wear tough-ass boots, but you don't want to look like a vagabond. I understand the dilemma, son. Here's how to walk the line between rugged and rakish.
- •Pick a brand with recognizable, iconic flair. My current fave: Red Wing Moc Toe American Made bad-ass boots.No one ever said they have to be brown or black. Why would you NOT want them to be blue?!
- •Wear with denim. But not ripped, baggy crap jeans. Find some rigid indigo Levi's.
- •Put on a knit tie.Don't know what a knit tie is? Look close - would you wear a sweater made out of the same material? Yes? Knit tie. Thanks for the pic, @gq
- •Wear with a blazer.Not a suit jacket, you beast. A blazer. Looks like a suit jacket (lapels) but made of thick, comfy, plaid wool.
- •Pair with a denim jacket.Yes, I know you know the phrase Texas Tuxedo. Throw that worry in the trash. If the denim's dark, it's double dope.
- •Want a look a bit less dandy?Ok, I get that. Try a shawl-neck sweater and rugby shirt. Bad-ass and yet on-point.
- •For a deeper dive, check out StyleForDorks: http://bit.ly/1QWaJrN