LITTLE KIDS ARE CUTE WHEN
I just spent 5 days with my pseudo-nephew and niece. I'm on the plane home...and I miss them already.
- •They hug you hello with their whole selves.
- •They lean on you while deep in thought.It took me 25 hours to complete the game Machinarium ( http://bit.ly/1ynDJAE ) It took the 8 year old 4 hours spread out over two days.
- •They solve a problem after working on it a long time.Little mini fist pump.
- •They have a conversation with each other about what food reminds them of."Does it taste like meatballs?"
- •They explain why they like things."This is a very good movie because it teaches me about friends."
- •They compliment adults."You're the best at puzzles."
- •They brush their teeth.Back and forth, up and down. Very precise.
- •When they make up songs and sing to themselves.Here's a song I recorded on Garage Band using scraps of lyrics penned by the 4 year old//bit.ly/1FINvgD
- •They can entertain themselves with a non-toy, as if it's the best toy in the world, for hours.Bungee cord. Cardboard box. Buttons.
- •They have strong opinions that are well founded.Aged gouda IS better than American cheese!
- •They need help and appreciate it.It IS difficult to get the little Lego squares off the bigger Lego squares. You're so welcome!
- •They hug you goodbye with their whole selves.