MY BIGGEST FEARS FOLLOWING THE ATTACK IN BRUSSELS
Here are my main fears, following the attack in Brussels, but not in order of importance.
- •Like every other human being, I'm generally afraid of danger and terror and bad people who do bad things.
- •I'm afraid of good people who don't know how to think critically, people forming conclusions and reacting with suspicion, providing fuel to the fires of xenophobia.
- •I'm afraid of this xenophobia kindled further by people with big voices, people who take themselves very seriously, and I fear innocent people being hurt.
- •I fear this country losing its soul in the quest for security, selling out its own citizens, selling out its own mission. You know: the poor, huddled masses.
- •I fear the spread of fear.