WHAT ANTIQUE PEOPLE APPARENTLY ENJOYED IN THEIR COMIQUE STRIPPES
@gabimoskowitz had to literally haul me away from a used bookstore in the Milwaukee airport. I would have gladly missed my flight to keep reading this early 1900's nostalgic Americana bizarreness called "Oh Skin-nay" by Clare Briggs. Here's a sample of the delicious weirdness that antique people chortled at. I apologize for fucked up pictures.
- •"Smell my head?!"
- •This is Hieronymus Bosch meets Norman Rockwell.
- •"Big fat ones." Heh heh.
- •I hate it when the ladies make me recite verse at their salons.
- •"I bet you do."
- •What the hell is happening here?!
- •"Lick the crock out." Heh heh.
- •"Yes! Let's!"
- •No comment.
- •Antique people are so weird!!!