What do you say when your African American student says he wishes Trump would be assassinated.
Today's pedagogical conundrum.
- •You ask him to tell you more.
- •You listen.
- •He tells the class that when he walks down the street, police hassle him.He's afraid he'll get more of that.
- •You call on the gods of pedagogy.
- •You ask them to grant you wisdom. Fast.
- •You tell the student, "it sounds like you're really angry and really afraid."
- •You say, "You have every right to be angry and afraid."
- •You sit with him in silence.