My Favourite Books I've Read Recently
- •I Am Pilgrimby Terry Hayes. This espionage thriller (I know what you're thinking, "gosh, I'm so sick and tired of spy stories" but hear me out), is the best book I've read in the past few years. It's incredibly descriptive and the plot is satisfyingly complex. I absolutely loved it.
- •A Monster Callsby Patrick Ness. If you're looking for a quick read that takes a powerful left hook to the heart, pick this one up. Won't give away too much but all I'll say is that it's gooood.
- •Modern Romanceby Aziz Ansari. A comedian's observation on, well, modern romance. It's a really interesting book that outlines technology's impact on the dating scene. Aziz's writing is a direct extension of his on-stage material, so if you like his jokes, you'll love this.
- •The Harry Potter Seriesby J.K. Rowling. Re-read these again because these books are brilliant.
- •Eggheadby Bo Burnham. Poems to tickle the brain, by one of my favourite comedians. This is another book that I keep coming back to.