My ginger snap recipe
So so so good.
- •Preheat the oven to 325°F. Lightly grease two cookies sheets with non-stick cooking spray or butter and line them with parchment paper.
- •In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, ginger and cinnamon and set aside.
- •Using and electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the oil, sugar and eggs on medium speed until the mixture is smooth and light. Beat in the eggs, one at time, followed by the molasses, scraping down the sides of the bowl after each addition. On low speed, beat in the dry ingredients to make a firm dough. Rest dough for 10 minutes
- •Place some granulated sugar in a medium bowl. Using lightly floured fingers, form the dough into 30 gram balls. Roll each ball in the granulated sugar to evenly coat them. Place the cookies on baking sheets, evenly spaced and inch apart, and lightly press them with your fingers to flatten them slightly.
- •Bake the cookies until they are puffed, cracked, and lightly golden brown, 12 minutes, rotating the pans 180° halfway through the baking time to ensure even browning. Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheets for two or three minutes, then use a spatula to gently transfer them onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- •Store the cookies in an airtight container, kept in a cool, dry place, for up to a week.