Albums that changed my life (kind of)
I don't like being hyperbolic so these albums didn't really change my life, but you know they had an effect on me
- •The Sign by Ace of BaseLike many a millennia cusper, this was my first actual CD, I listened to it so many times that there are times when I wake up at night screaming "she leads a lonely life"
- •Once Upon A Mattress (Revival Cast Recording)This was the first cast recording I ever purchased, technically I didn't buy it with money I earned, I bought it with a gift certificate I won at a no-tardy party in middle school. I read the liner notes so many times that the CD case broke and I had to move this CD in with the Into The Woods Cast Recording.
- •Slow Dancing With The Moon - Dolly PartonEver since I was a little kid, I had loved Dolly, this was the first Dolly Parton album that I received that I listened to obsessively until I believe the tape broke inside the tape player. I listened to this album on Spotify recently, and I still remembered the lyrics to all the songs.
- •Greatest Hits - The Beach BoysI don't even remember when I received this album, but I was captivated by the harmonies and catchy music from the first track.
- •Hello Dolly - Original Cast RecordingThere's something magical about listening to voices so unique that they probably would never be recorded today. Carol Channing was so original and unique that she forever changed what I look for in a leading lady
- •RENT - Original Cast RecordingI remember checking this double disc CD out from the library on multiple occasions and listening to it on repeat until I knew every word of every song. This CD was $30 and I remember begging for it at every gift giving Holiday and eventually receiving my own copy for my birthday in 1997, while incredibly dated now, RENT opened my eyes to a whole new world of musical theater.
- •Tragic Kingdom - No DoubtListening to No Doubt made me feel cool, even though I was far from it. I remember buying this album with my own money and making a statement about the kind of person I was. I was a person who listened to pseudo ska/punk inspired bands from CA.