My beginnings with Sci-Fi & Fantasy
I thank my Dad for a love of all things mystical
- •Hercules: The Legendary Journeys (1995 - 1999)Syndication on the WB was good to us, we often watched this together on Saturday mornings.
- •Xena: Warrior Princess (1995 - 2001)Again, syndication FTW 🙌🏾
- •Sliders (1995 - 2000)Multiverses (and in a sense time travel)! The seed that planted my early love for movies like Interstellar, Arrival, etc. and Stephen Hawking books. —— I'm afraid to go back, I fear the old special effects will ruin my warm memories.
- •Buffy (1997 - 2003)Because creator Joss Whedon understood my teenage heart and its shades in Buffy, Willow, Xander, and yes even Faith.
- •Charmed (1998 - 2006)Have you seen my other lists??? From pre-teen through the present, I still wish I was a witch!
- •Sabrina the Teenage Witch (1996 - 2003)She's a witch, so it's fantasy, it counts. And I wanted her superpowers.
- •The many iterations of Merlin / King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table... like the NBC's 1998 miniseriesA story my mom introduced early in my life. It has a hope (for humanity and society) and mythical figures that still entrance me. Also maybe started my love of this medieval time period's depictions across other stories. ALSO HELENA BONHAM CARTER, hello!
- •The 10th Kingdom (2000)Five part miniseries that interwove fairy tales in a beautiful, fanciful way.
- •Fringe (2008 - 2013)Closest thing to everything I want(ed) in a show about multiverses and [time] travel between them. Thank you JJ Abrams ❤️