Subjective Units of Distress
- •That tickle in your throat, 1-2days before a cold. But you also have seasonal allergies, so you don't know what meds to take or if there is anything more you can do to be comfortable. Ugh.
- •That moment at the end of a Friday happy hour when you know you should leave to go home or to a setting more accepting of your tipsy-ness. You're laughing louder, pronouncing judgements of passerbys louder, etc. You're still wearing your sunglasses on the restaurant porch and the sun sets in less than 20 min.
- •At your withdrawal meeting with the Director of Graduate Training saying, "I still feel so bad about this" and much of the department thinking it's ridiculous they asked you to leave the department. But yeah sorry you feel bad? 🙄 not my job to make you feel better, it your job was to be a better training advisor
- •Singing along to One Direction "Steal my girl" in the car. Stop at a red light with a truck of construction workers giggling and waving to me. 💁🏾👷🏻👷🏽
- •Getting that job offer for more than the requested salary!!!!!!!!