Top 5 Rules for Giving Presentations
I do lots of presentations at work and at conferences. I used to be scared to death the audience woyld think I was a poser or fraud. my time in grad school at the Conway School gave me all the tools I need to give effective presentations and have fun doing it.
- •Don't bombard with meaningless facts, figures, and percentages.
- •Do tell stories and personalize them.
- •Don't talk TO the audience. Talk WITH them. Ask them questions.
- •Do NOT read.your powerpoint.
- •Tell them what you know. Admit what you don't.
- •Never include TOP 5 or 10 lists as part of your presentation. They are obnoxious and subjective.